of Lighthouse Keeper’s Quarters
Sandy Hook Lighthouse Keeper’s Quarters,
a National Historic Landmark located adjacent to the lighthouse, is
now fully restored and open to the public.
Constructed in 1883, the rehabilitation reflects the
building’s appearance in the mid-to-late 1930’s.
first floor is used as public orientation space for
lighthouse tours and special educational and historical
with one room set aside as a gift shop for the NJ Lighthouse Society.
The second floor includes offices and a meeting room for the
NJ Lighthouse Society and The Sandy Hook Foundation, and the third floor
has boarding rooms The
house is open from 1-5 daily.
Groups need reservations in advance for a Lighthouse
tour. Contact the park Visitor Center at 732-872-5970.